Monday, March 02, 2009

Finally a New Living Room


This is what has been going on at my house.  Sunday while it was raining and snowy hubs and I painted the living room.  We moved all of the furniture into the family room, as you can see. This room has a funny ceiling which had to be painted as well.  We spent a better part of the day getting the first coat on.  We used the left overs from the dining room.  I decided it was way too dark, so this morning it was off to the paint store for more paint.  I had them lighten it up a lot.  Today I got a good coat on the walls but need hubs to do the ceiling for me.  As I am painting the last wall I decided I needed to move the ladder out of the way.  You guessed it.  I neglected to see the little pot of paint I had been using to cut in.  It looked like one of those slow motion videos all the way down to the nice hardwood floor.  It only took me an hour to get the mess cleaned up.  I did have a drop cloth down but only under the part I was painting not on the whole floor.  I am so thankful for my wood floors.  Can you imagine the mess I would have had with carpet.  Well, lets not even think about that.  I can't wait to share the finished room with you.  I still have to look for some fabric for drapes and I have a feeling hubs won't get to the ceiling for a couple of days but stay tuned.  I should be back soon with the finished results.  I'm also working on my pantry.  I organized and purged all day Saturday.  It looks so nice.  Now I just need to make some cute labels for all of the baskets.  That is another project I will share with you soon.  

3 comments:

Lisa said...

YOU ARE A BUSY, BUSY, GIRL. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED ROOM. BLUE EYED HUSBAND AND I ARE WORKING ON A HEADBOARD TOMORROW NIGHT, IN THE NEWLY PAINTED BEDROOM.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

I am so impressed that you're painting your vaulted walls/ceiling yourself! I'll have to check back to see the finished product.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..what a project. It will look wonderful when it's all done...I love fresh clean paint...perfect.
sandy toe