Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just stuff

I am still here.  It has been a slow week but I am feeling a bit refreshed.  I had my prayer group on Monday which always gets my week off to a good start.  We have the best discussions.  

It was cold and rainy here today so I finished putting my mistreated Flylady "Control Journal" together.  I had one before but most of the stuff was so outdated, the notebook itself was huge and didn't look nice sitting on my counter.  I was in Office Depot the other day and you know how we girls love our office supplies.  There was this pretty little notebook with matching dividers just calling my name.  So what is a girl to do.  I bought it of course.  The first thing I did was make a new emergency contact list for the front, school info sheet, printed some more of my budget worksheets and started the task of updating my address book.  I didn't do any of this from scratch just copied and updated what I already had. I have been collecting address and phone numbers that are written on little snippets of paper all over the house as well as all of those business cards and half done address lists that seem to be all over.  I had them all in one place and have been wanting to start this for a long time but thought it would take too long so it kept getting moved to the bottom of the list.  I sat down the other day and it only took me an hour to update and compile everything on to my computer's address book and print off the list.  Now I have a it neatly tucked into my control journal.  It has been so handy this week while trying to sort threw and update other things in my home plus I was able to toss a ton of stray papers in the process.  

Oh the pretty little cross pictured at the top was one my mom gave me a couple of years ago.  I painted it and used the metallic rub ons to highlight the design.  I just love the way it turned out.  I liked it so much I did this mirror the same way.  

I have also been sorting threw pictures to make a photo gallery in our upstairs hall.  I have a ton of black frames with white mats that were hanging in the stairwell to our basement.  I love that gallery but it is time for something new.  The photos were getting old and every time someone would shut the basement door all of the pictures would go askew.  Drives me nuts. Today they all came down and are getting new prints and a new home.  I'll post pics hopefully next week.  In the mean time I guess I should get out the spackle and get cracking on all of the holes in the wall.  




1 comment:

Lisa said...

WE TOO HAVE HOLES TO FILL BEFORE WE MOVE. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES.

BIG HUGS FROM MAINE