Friday, March 13, 2009

Tidbits of Wisdom

A friend once explained this little tidbit of wisdom to me and it has stuck with me ever since. 

 Women gather, Men hunt
Women nest and nurture, Men protect

(If you know the saying I am trying to think of here please feel free to post it in a comment.)

Anyway, that is what I have been doing lately.  You ladies are all so encouraging with your blogs.  I find myself sitting going through blog after blog just soaking up the wonderful inspiration.  I have found myself moving and arranging things in almost every room.  I don't know about you but I just smile when I walk into those rooms.  Isn't that a great feeling.  

Yesterday my aunt and I had a girls day.  Nothing special, just some lunch and a little browsing.  Of course, we stopped in at the local TJ Maxx and I was delighted to find some real treasures.  Well ok, they are treasures to me.  I have big plans for these little beauties.  I will be working hard on them this weekend and hopefully post before and after snaps soon.  

So that is what I have been doing.  Gathering and nesting.

Have a great weekend!
Juli

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Juli, thanks for stopping by! You are the 2nd person to tell me I scored a SLAH wall pocket, I had no idea! I don't keep up with them, since I think their prices are too high, but I'm thrilled that I found one of their pieces. It will be going on my frontdoor soon!