Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here it is...

Well here it is....


















my new dining room.  I still have a bit to do but you can get the general idea.  It started out looking like this.
Although it is hard to tell from the picture, the walls and ceiling got a nice new coat of paint in Sherwin Williams' Stonebrier.  Some pretty gold silk drapes on sale at Pottery Barn to adorn the window and a rug.  I painted the china cabinet and side table.  I plan to paint the table and chairs black as well then change out the chair fabric to
 a pretty gold with black flecks.  I am still painting the knobs for the china cabinet.  With 11 knobs at $5 each, well I chose to spend the money on drapes instead so I only used 2 decorative knobs on the glass doors.  The other 9 are the original wooden knobs painted black.  I still need a picture or two in the wall but for now it just makes me smile when I go in there. It is amazing how some paint and a rug can really pull a room together. 
(below are close ups of the knobs and my china.  I love those dragonflies.)

So my new challenge, what to do with the cute white pedestal I found yesterday at that consignment shop.  Any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so pretty and I love the hutch black. I think it looks so much better.
Sarah

Lisa said...

LOOOOOOVVVVVVE IT!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL. YOU DID A SMASHING JOB. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Liz Harrell said...

It all looks beautiful! I think that pedistal is begging for some cheerful lemons!