I love to see everyone's OPAM (one project a month) before and after photos. They are so inspiring so I thought I would give it a try this year. One project a month. Anyone want to join me?
This first project is actually an old project I did several years ago but it is something to post while I work on this month's project.
I am on a decorating kick. I get this way every year. You put all of the holiday decorations away and the house looks so bare. It just needs some sprucing up and I need a good project to keep the winter dull drums at bay. Here are some pics of my laundry room. It is not a new project but one I did the first winter we were in this house as I couldn't take the beige paint on every wall anymore. I need color. It cost me less than $150 to do the whole thing and I love it. It makes me smile which is good since I spend a fair amount of time in there every day.
Here is the lowdown -
- The pics on the wall I took one summer while visiting my inlaws.
- The curtain, laundry sorter, laundry basket liner and placemat (to keep the washer from getting scratched) are all made from some decorator fabric I picked up at JoAnn's for $3 a yard. Can't beat that plus I love the colors.
- The laundry basket and frames were a TJMaxx find.
- A little paint on the frames as well as a curtain rod from our old house and they were good to go.
- Dad put up the hooks on a piece of molding which are great for hanging laundry or backpack when the kids get home.
- I added some tile around the laundry sink which really finished the room off.
So there you have it. My laundry room done on a budget.