Monday, February 23, 2009

Consignment Shop Vase and little flower pots


So it has been a few days.  The weekend went by fast but was very productive.  In between driving S (my youngest) back and forth to church all weekend  and reading a ton of new blogs, with some great decorating ideas, I managed to finish painting my china cabinet.  I put the last bit of clear coat on this afternoon and  will post pictures  once I get the room back together.  I still have to paint the table and 8 chairs, not to mention recover the chairs but that will have to be for another day.  In the mean time here are some mismatched flower pots that I collected from around the house.  I gave them a nice coat of black paint. I did a little distressing with either sand paper or metallic rub on stuff.  The metallic rub on I picked up about 10 years ago at a little rubber stamp shop.  I used them on a couple of birthday cards then they got tossed in the drawer.  I came across them again about a year ago and have been using them on all sorts of projects.  You just rub some on your finger then lightly go over the area you want highlighted.  I used silver on the pot on the left and copper on the pot on the right.  What a difference.  It really brings out the detail. I finished them all off with  some clear coat and there you have it, flower pots that all go together.  I just love what a little black paint will do for things.   
I also stopped by a little consignment shop on my way home from prayer group today and picked up this vase for a steal.  I had been drooling over this little beauty in the Southern Living at Home catalog for months now but couldn't quite bring myself to spend that much so when I walked into the consignment shop today and there it was, well I knew it would be going home with me.  Then I saw the price...Oh Happy Day!  

1 comment:

Lisa said...

SO CANT WAIT TO SEE THE HUTCH!!!

HUGS FROM SNOWY MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/