Friday, April 17, 2009

It's beginning to look a bit like spring around here!



This is our backyard





My little spot in the world.  A few years ago we needed to replace our deck.  My dad designed this one for us but it was a bit more than we wanted to spend at the time. Every time I talked to Dad he would ask if we were building the deck?  We finally decided to take the plunge and boy am I glad we did.  I love it out there.  Since it was such a beautiful day here in Atlanta and I have been itching for spring I gave the deck a good scrub down.  Added the cushion and pillows to my porch swing (Dad built the swing as sort of a porch warming gift).  A table runner and some candles and lots and lots of flowers.  I put white impatients in the flower boxes under the bench seating on each corner.  White bicopa in the hanging baskets and in my garden lots of pretty colored flowers.  We usually plant veggies in there but never have much luck with anything but tomatoes so this year I decided if I can't grow something to eat then I might as well grow something pretty to look at.  So from here on out all of my posts will be coming to you live from my porch swing in my little paradise.  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW, THAT SWING, IN THAT SPOT, WITH A GOOD BOOK!!!

HUGS FROM MAINE

usafinks said...

I'm so calling you when we do ours!

it's gorgeous!!